CA – Emeryville
Explore and Discover Nielsen! With offices located in 110 countries, we are a global independent measurement and big data analytics company focused on your future.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers discovery features for top TV, music, sports and automotive platforms.
We are presently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our data delivery platform team.
This team is responsible for one of most critical parts of the Gracenote data platform: putting our data into the hands of customers. Companies like Comcast, DirecTV, Hulu, Google, Amazon and Apple rely on Gracenote video metadata APIs to power their products for millions of customers around the globe.
We are looking for people who are passionate about crafting and deploying high-quality, high-performance, and highly-available software to join us in building and evolving our platform to deliver new streams of data and larger volumes to our customers building the next generation of video and entertainment platforms.
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- 4-7 years of experience working Java or Scala development (core language, jdbc, servlets, threads, IO). Experience with Kotlin will be added advantage.
- Experience with relational databases including schema design
- Experience working with SQL, and performance profiling and analysis
- A solid foundation in software development and software design principles
- Experience with Agile/XP methodologies such as test-driven development are a huge plus.
Desired experience but not required:
- Messaging Systems (Kafka, JMS, etc)
- RESTful web service design and implementation
- Data engineering and schema design (+ XML/JSON)
- Scripting Languages (Groovy, Python, Ruby, Bash)
- NoSQL datastores (MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, etc)
- Linux DevOps
- Additional programming language experience (Golang, Groovy, Python, etc)
Candidates with experience developing and deploying APIs, backend data engineering, and experience with a wide variety of datastores and programming languages are very well suited to the technology stack that we are currently built on and could get up to speed and begin contributing very quickly and will be given extra consideration.
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class