CT – Wilton
Finance & Corporate Development
Sr. Financial Analyst, Treasury Initiatives – 40007
Finance and Corporate Development – USA Wilton, Connecticut
The Treasury Initiatives Sr. Financial Analyst is a key member of the Treasury Initiatives team within Corporate Treasury which is responsible for executing and managing Treasury’s global projects. The responsibilities of this project based role will vary in accordance with the strategy and priorities set by Treasury management. The Treasury Initiatives team works closely with other areas of the Treasury team, including Operations and Debt & Derivatives, to execute initiatives and source ideas for new projects. Internal stakeholders also include Controlling, Enterprise Platforms, and Local Finance groups. Externally you will deal with banks and other partners in particular related to technical migrations and builds of new processes.
The mission of the Treasury Initiatives team is to:
- Build a world class Treasury Team by developing best practice ways of working and standards for the team
- Identify areas within Nielsen that pose risks related to payments and collections processes and to Nielsen’s bank accounts
- Design, build, and implement standard solutions, processes and controls globally
- Inventory Treasury standard operating procedures, Identify gaps where procedures are not documented, and partner with Banking and Cash Analysts to develop and roll out additional standard operating procedures
- Implement Host to Host payment file transmission at HSBC and Citi
- Manage US and Mexico banking consolidations and Host to Host builds with Citibank
- Roll out Global Banking Strategy with the GFC and manage the Bank Account Closure List in coordination with EMEA Bank Analyst
- Create Treasury policies
- Work together with Treasury Operations team to align strategy with other Treasury activities and initiatives
- Document Standards both within the Treasury team and across the Finance organization (SOPs, policies, Google site content)
- Partner with Operations, GFC, Enterprise platforms, and CAS to ensure adherence to global Treasury standards
- Implement SAP Treasury Management System (2020 Initiative)
- Update the Project Tracker and communicate priorities and updates to affected teams
- Set and enforce deadlines within the Project Tracker
- Provide project updates on weekly Global Ops Call
- Develop and implement processes to enforce the correct way of doing things (internally for Treasury team)
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of corporate finance experience, preferably in treasury
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent communication skills (including written communication) and ability to work cross-functionally. Transparently communicates changes impacting team members. Other languages a plus.
- Strong desire for continuous improvement and drive to execute changes. Innovative and comfortable working with and learning new technology.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and process multiple requests to ensure timely and accurate completion
- Highly organized and solution-oriented with strong follow-through and prioritization skills
- Displays consistency in how similar issues are addressed and develops comprehensive processes to create standardization. Adheres to established processes.
- Takes constructive criticism with a positive attitude; listens carefully. Retains and incorporates feedback into future actions.
- Proven analytical, critical thinking and decision making skills
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment
- You are a real team player and foster team spirit
- Shows resilience and persistence
- Identifies trends and develops insight from data. Make value-added recommendations.
- Knowledge of banking software/portals, treasury workstations, Bloomberg and/or SAP is a plus
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected clas
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Wilton,Connecticut
Secondary Locations: , , ,
Travel: Yes, 5% of the Time