Korea, Republic Of
Recent Graduate Job
Korea, Republic Of
ABOUT THIS JOB
As a Sports Live Data Production Operator, you are required to capture and register data during live matches of team sports (baseball, football, basketball, golf) following well-defined standards and procedures. All game events will be entered during a match while you watch live TV and use Gracenote’s Sports-based tooling. You will work as quickly as possible watching, interpreting and entering data to deliver the required deep sports data to our (media) customers within seconds.
- You are an avid follower of baseball and you have in-depth knowledge of this sport and its rules.
- Having in-depth knowledge of football (soccer) is a plus.
- You are prepared to learn more about other sports (basketball & golf).
- You are happy to work when there are games on, mostly during weekday evenings and weekends. The number of hours you work will vary, depending on the number of games broadcast in a week (work shifts will vary between 3 to 6 hours in length).
- You have a passion for sports and are willing to work during unusual business hours.
- You have an eye for detail and able to quickly detect what’s happening on the pitch without a commentator narrating the plays.
- You are able to commit to a minimum of 2 days per week to work during live sports events, which happen during evening and weekend hours.
- You are able to work quickly with computers, be focused and keep a cool head when tempers flare on the pitch.
- You possess excellent communication skills – collecting sports information is teamwork. You need to be able to communicate clearly, accurately and promptly with your supervisors and colleagues, even during the most hectic situation of a match.
- You need to be able to travel to the Gracenote Seoul office during the evenings and weekends.
- You are 20 years or older.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
- An opportunity to play an important role in a global operation that delivers live sport data all around the world.
- A challenging, dynamic and international work environment.
- An atmosphere of openness, mutual respect and teamwork.
- An opportunity to be around others who share the same interest and passion for Sports.
WHEN YOU APPLY:
- Clearly, state the sports you follow regularly and you think you have above-average knowledge of.
- Let us know what days of the week and weekends you can commit to work and cover live sports events.
- Mention your current work/school situation.
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: www.nielsen.com & www.gracenote.com.
This role is with Gracenote, which is a part of a Nielsen Company. Gracenote is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.