CA – Emeryville
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
If you want to learn how people discover video and media they like online then Nielsen and Gracenote is a place for you. Gracenote helps people connect to the music, TV shows, movies and sports they love across the world’s most popular entertainment platforms and devices, from Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Google, Time Warner Cable, Tesla and others. We deliver mission critical data to help our clients grow their business with our extensive and quality data verified by real consumers.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Advanced Discovery Team which enables next-gen entertainment services that facilitate Search and Discovery for Gracenote’s customers around the world. We are working on a variety of projects that power Content Recommendations, Personalization, Faceted Navigation and other new ways of discovering and connecting with content.
Our innovative solutions intersect Human Expertise, Big Data and Machine Learning and are seamlessly delivered via our highly scalable services and APIs.
In this role you will:
- Design, build and maintain services to collect and deliver data to Gracenote customers
- Build scalable reliable infrastructure for our services along with the DevOps team
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX and Data Science to measure and improve data quality
- Work on projects from conception to completion including building prototypes
- Participate in code reviews and knowledge-sharing with the rest of the engineering team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with strong CS fundamentals
- 2+ years of work experience preferred. Recent graduates with strong internship experience will be considered
- Proficient in backend language(s) (preferably Java, Python) and a passion for writing high quality code
- Experience building APIs
- Familiar with database and schema design (either SQL, NoSQL or both)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Familiar with Git and CI/CD workflows
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS)
- Exposure to ETL pipelines and systems for data analytics (e.g. Apache Spark, Elasticsearch)
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class