CA – Emeryville
Explore and Discover Nielsen! With offices located in 110 countries, we are a global independent measurement and big data analytics company focused on your future.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers discovery features for top TV, music, sports and automotive platforms.
We are presently looking for a Data Resarch Analyst to join our Music Works team. We’re looking for people with great programming skills that are quick learners, self-starters, and take ownership of their work.
This Music Works team is responsible for building a system that provides an industry wide source of truth for musical works and associated recordings. We seek someone who is passionate about using the best software processes and tools to help the music industry solve some of its most important problems.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Elaborate detailed designs from high-level architecture
- Create reusable software building blocks that can be assembled into applications, microservices, and APIs to support platform capabilities
- Collect and analyze data to draw insights and identify solutions for our Music Works product
- Build data ETL systems
- Collaborate with and mentor team members to develop coding standards and design patterns
WHAT DO WE OFFER…
- The chance to work alongside a highly skilled technical team allowing you to come up with designs, implement them, and solve interesting software problems
- A welcoming atmosphere that will instantly make you feel comfortable within our team-oriented and fun environment
- To be a part of a company that invests in programming tools that will make the development experience easier
- A creative, musical culture featuring employee concerts and performances year round
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years experience working with the following technologies
- Java, C#, or Go are desirable to transition from data analytics to development
- Some relational or non-relational database system
- Working as a member of a team of software developers
- 3+ years experience directly dealing with data analysis and/or data ETL
- Fluent with SQL, no-SQL architectures
- Experience with Cloud (AWS)
- Machine Learning (Python or R)
- Ability and passion for learning new technology
- Teamwork and team building skills that will contribute directly to team success on assigned projects
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class