CA – Emeryville
Explore and Discover Nielsen! With offices located in 110 countries, we are a global independent measurement and big data analytics company focused on your future.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers discovery features for top TV, music, sports and automotive platforms.
The Senior Test Automation Engineer will be driving force behind all the quality efforts for our data delivery platform which processes more than 20 million messages a day. You are going to help us ensure that all our customers receive quality data on time and every time. You are not only going to be contributing hands on but also mentoring other Test engineers in the team.
- Complete QA ownership
- Collaborate with the Engineering teams to identify candidates for automation.
- Define automation strategy and review it with stakeholders.
- Improve code coverage, review and fill in gaps in existing automation.
- Build automation infrastructure to enable continuous deployment.
- Represent the customer, understand how they use the system and include the most relevant end to end user scenarios in validation plans and automation.
- Understand our complex domain and product in detail and put that understanding to use to ensure optimal coverage.
- B.S. in CS preferred, 7+ years applicable industry experience required
- Ability to code pro efficiently in at least one of the languages Java/Scala/Groovy/Kotlin.
- Experience in agile methodologies and tools
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects / initiatives
- Experience in working with performance and load testing tools like JMeter.
- Experience with DevOps tools like ansible, terraform and Jenkins.
- Experience with AWS services
- Experience in complex database technologies and SQL queries
- Experience with static and dynamic code analysis tools such as SonarQube
- Experience working with Jira Plugins
- Experience working with complex bash scripts
- Experience leading/mentoring others
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.