Technology & Engineering
Senior Solutions Designer – Bezons, Paris
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for a Technology Application Designer with the ability to lead / contribute to many projects in parallel within our Global Connect Factory. You will be managing an application suite called CIP (Consumer Information Platform) used for Nielsen business across countries and continents covering all end to end core production processes for RMS and CPS business lines. You will be producing thousands of datamarts per week delivered to clients across the world. This includes Intranet applications to drive production, and Internet web applications for customers’ usage backbone for the Global Connect platform in Azure Cloud. The CIP application suite is composed of various application components, leveraging Oracle database, WebLogic and Java, C++ on high performance Linux environments. CIP development projects are managed in Agile mode, leveraging SAFe framework and Scrum. CIP releases are designed, built and implemented on regular sprints on DevOps mode.
- Help analyse requirements with requester – able to challenge requirements
- Design efficient and automated technology solutions
- Prepare cost estimate for building a new software feature, from design to delivery in production, able to break it into manageable user stories
- Drive developers during development and testing in Agile mode
- Can suggest test cases to users, and help drive UAT with users
- Can assist users to determine all prerequisites / actions to setup and rollout new capabilities
- Advanced support and diagnostic when any issue arises, and that cannot be resolved by Ops or by L1/L2 helpdesk
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
The position requires recent and strong knowledge and hands-on experience on Agile software development with Oracle DataWarehouse, Oracle PL/SQL, Hadoop big data, Java and C++ in a Linux environment, with huge focus on quality, performance and on-time delivery. The position would be fit for a high potential developer / technical lead, willing to move to a solution design position, keeping hands-on and close interaction with software development activities. Leadership and excellent communication skills are a must, as the candidate will have to interact with technical experts, infrastructure, testers and users (Operations, Data Science, and Commercial). The candidate should be very curious and proactive to identify and develop opportunities to improve platform design, performance and quality. The accountability will include following Nielsen standard processes for Agile project management, software development, DevOps and reporting. The team operates in an international environment where all interactions use the English language.
- IT Related degree or equivalent qualification / experience.
- Agile : JIRA, Confluence
- Database : Oracle 12c
- Languages : Oracle PL/SQL, Java
- English : fluent
- Nice to have
- Microsoft Azure Cloud ecosystem
- Web Server : Oracle Weblogic, Tomcat
- Languages : Oracle OCCI, C++, Python, Hadoop, Spark
- Web development : Struts, jsp, JSF, Angular, d3.js
- Scripting : PERL, Ruby
- Workflow and integration : Tibco MFT, Tibco Business Works
- Version control : GitHub
- DevOps : Jenkins, Ansible, Docker
- Tools : Google, Microsoft Office
- High potential profile with leadership skills, able to manage users expectations
- Proven success in major software development in complex environments using Oracle databases with high volumes of data, Java and C++
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen:careers.nielsen.com