IL – Chicago
Technology & Engineering
Senior Software Engineer – 48588
Technology and Engineering – USA Chicago, Illinois
Senior Software Engineer – Python
ABOUT THIS JOB:
Around here we’re all numbers people, but it’s the 1s and 0s behind our data that make what we do possible. Software engineers strike a balance between precision and disruption, between reliability and innovation. Nielsen is a tech company backed by nearly a century of forward momentum to show the world what’s next—and we couldn’t have done it without our engineers.
In this role, you will be working alongside data scientists and engineers within Nielsen’s Marketing Effectiveness business to build Next Generation Attribution Platform. Specifically, you will be working to build a Data Pipeline on AWS using tools such as Apache Airflow, AWS Athena and other serverless technologies. The role requires you to have hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation/management and continuous improvement, with an emphasis on the implementation of best practice cloud security principles.
- Identify, design, and implement process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing for usability, re-designing for greater scalability
- Collaborate with product and technology teams to design and validate the capabilities of the data platform
- Develop, implement and maintain good programming standards and practices across the ecosystem
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines in a distributed environment
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- 4+ years of advanced working knowledge of SQL, Python
- 2+ years of experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies – S3, Lambda, Glue, Athena, IAM, SQS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation
- Experience with Apache Airflow, AWS Step Functions and spark will be a plus.
- Proficiency working in Linux environment
- Experience using tools such as: Git/Bitbucket, Jenkins/CodeBuild, CodePipeline
- Experience with platform monitoring and alerts tools
- The training to back your work: a master’s degree, bachelor’s degree, or, as we recognize there isn’t one formula for success, equivalent work experience
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: , , ,