SENIOR RESEARCH EXECUTIVE – BARODA
ABOUT THIS JOB
Nielsen’s Marketing ROI group helps our clients optimize their marketing spend by using advanced analytics to quantify the impact of marketing efforts and other business drivers on sales and profits. We are pioneers of Marketing Mix Modeling (MMM) and a recognized leader in methodology, technology and advanced planning & optimization software.
As part of the world’s largest Marketing Mix Modeling provider, we offer the best of both worlds: the benefits of a big company (information access, industry benchmarks, thought leadership, innovation and scalability) with a service model of a boutique (customized solutions, nimble approach, responsiveness and speed to insights).
• You will work in a team to develop marketing mix and other statistical models that help our clients understand what drives their sales and provide recommendations on how they can optimize their marketing investments. • You will be responsible for applying quantitative methods to assess the impact of marketing execution (media, consumer promotions, trade, etc.) on sales and work closely with Client Consultants on all aspects of project work including preparation of data (internal and syndicated sources), model building, interpretation and recommendations. • Build marketing mix models leveraging our proprietary modeling platform. Interpret and validate model results both statistical and face validity checks. Connect the results with client business problems. • Write and update programming codes to assist with all phases of project (read input data, define model specifications, data analysis, presentation development, automated modeling tools, etc.) • Prepare PowerPoint decks with results of statistical analysis for internal and client reviews. • Run optimization and simulation scenarios to help provide the marketing investment and allocation recommendations to client. • Work closely with the project team to implement best practices of problem solving. Contribute new ideas to improve project deliverables and execution. • Assist other team members with a variety of tasks related to the analysis of sales and marketing effectiveness, and calculation of return on marketing investment.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You’ve dabbled in data. You’ve perused Analytics. And you have the communication chops to translate it all into conversation or presentations. While you’ve worked with global cross-functional teams, you can also put your head down and focus on independent projects. Seeing the big picture takes attention to detail. Keeping up with the fast-changing world of digital media measurement takes someone who recognizes that. You know what’s happening in big data and you’re ready to influence what’s next.
• Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred
• Significant coursework or degree in quantitative fields such as Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Business (with quantitative emphasis)
• Marketing research or analytics experience will be a plus
• Enjoy being “hands-on” with data and modelling.
• Enthusiasm for learning the practical application of statistical analysis to address business issues
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, particularly with application of statistical and quantitative tools
• Possess understanding of statistics, especially in areas of linear regression
• Experience with statistical analysis software such as SAS, SPSS or R is required;
• Detail-oriented and strong project management skills
• Well-organized, capable of handling several tasks at a time while meeting deadlines
• Strong oral and written communication skills, influencing skills and presentation skills
• Skilled at Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with Nielsen or other syndicated data and/or media data a plus
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com