Africa and Middle East
United Arab Emirates
United Arab Emirates
Senior Executive – 38461
Analytics – Utd.Arab.Emir. Sharjah, Sharjah
Senior Executive – BASES
To manage a moderate quantity of marketing research studies (2-5 studies at a time), to meet design specifications, and to build Nielsen Innovation business by preparing and reviewing client forecasts, reports, and presentations.
- Establish long term partnerships with clients, Able to consult on key issues for client.
- Clear, concise and professional communication with middle-level clients on more complex project-related issues and test designs.
- Effectively lead client meetings and presentations with appropriate support.
- Act as primary point of contact for client group.
- Category expertise : Become the main contact of his category/categories team both externally and internally Identify solutions to problems.
- Prepare the client communication in case of issues Has ideas on how to handle and prevent issues in the future.
- Be proactive at collecting client business questions.
- Prepare proposal : Accurate study design & pricing.
- Proactively follows-up with the client on proposals, designs.
- Proactively present to the client new services.
- Able to write or review a report to 90% completion: story telling, including insights and actionable client recommendations.
- Monitors junior team member / influence other functions for accuracy.
- Able to review forecasts to 80%+ level of completion.
- Able to run out-of-the-box analyses and propose creative solutions to address client business questions.
- Monitors junior team member / influence other functions work for accuracy.
- Demonstrate ownership for every project and manage them in an effective, timely and accurate manner – from proposal to presentation.
- Take Initiative to improve processes and deliverables.
- Is fully aware of all project deliverables and their stage of completion.
Thought leadership / Integration:
- Consolidate category / client knowledge.
- Develops strategic understanding of industry trends, competition and opportunities of Nielsen.
- Able to handle meta analyses spanning multiple projects with some oversights from more senior manager.
- Participate in corporate task forces.
- Is a good role model. Seeks and provides guidance to peers.
- Assigns and ensures quality of the work of direct report / more junior team member
- Orientates and trains direct report / more junior team member
- Provides feedback to supervisor and, to direct reports / more junior staff on employee performance. This includes writing and delivery of timely performance reviews, holding of regular quarterly meetings, and initiation of corrective counseling under close supervision.
- Proactively identifies ways to improve the group or company.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Statistics, research techniques, and experimental procedures.
- Marketing research.
- In-market data.
- Understanding the principles of forecasting / being able to defend a forecast.
- Strong Business English knowledge, both verbal and written (and local language if required).
- Project management skills.
- Consultative skills.
- Opportunity identification and development.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and people management skills.
- Strong business- and financial acumen (including business environment and client).
- Strong problem solving skills and analytically curious.
- Strategic planning and account management.
- High level communication skills.
- Consultative story telling.
- University degree in Marketing, Economics or related field a must, preferred Postgraduate or MBA.
- 4 years’ experience in Marketing Research.
- Strong analytical mind and excellent numerical skills.
- Very good knowledge on advanced analysis, methods, and tools.
- Good organizational skills, and strong people management skills.
- Very good interpersonal skills.
- Strong business acumen and financial knowledge.
- Awareness of the clients’ needs.
Nielsen Holdings plc (NYSE: NLSN) is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. Our approach marries proprietary Nielsen data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. For more than 90 years Nielsen has provided data and analytics based on scientific rigor and innovation,continually developing new ways to answer the most important questions facing the media, advertising, retail and fast-moving consumer goods industries. An S&P 500 company, Nielsen has operations in over 100countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Sharjah,Sharjah