Research Analyst – Innovation (m/w/d) – 53178
Analytics – Germany Hamburg, Hamburg
Innovation matters. With best in class research and predictive analytical tools, Nielsen's Innovation Practice (BASES) remains at the core of our client's new product ideas, product messaging that inspires action, fresh packaging designs and optimal product launch strategies. In BASES, you will work with industry leading marketers across the globe and see your work come to life. Have you ever wanted to modernize the brand and bottle design for an iconic beer company? How about discovering the next big energy drink? In BASES, you can.
Be curious. Be collaborative. Be forward thinking. Join the Innovation team and work with our clients as a consultant, a problem solver and the voice of Nielsen at our clients.
When you join the Nielsen team, you’re signing up for an experience that requires flexibility, curiosity, and passion.
To support our BASES team in Hamburg we are looking for you as
Research Analyst – Innovation (m/w/d)
What is the Job Purpose?
- Execute marketing research studies by compiling, analyzing, and interpreting marketing research data, writing client reports, and constructing presentations
- Generate polished diagnostic analyses/reports, summarizing BASES conclusions and recommendations in a concise, client-friendly manner
- Support the Client Development team in driving revenue by delivering excellent project work that results in repeat business
What will be your Responsibilities?
- Execute against projects across a variety of clients, meeting agreed upon milestones
- Be accountable for high quality client deliverables in partnership with your Client Consulting team
- Analyze study results to draft reports and presentations
- Summarize data for the production of tables, charts, and graphs
- Develop a strong understanding of successful innovation within the first 6 months of the job (Nielsen BASES Factors for Success…) and apply this understanding to client deliverables
- Handle project related client correspondence as needed
- Participate in client discussions/presentations and work through implications, and recommendations based on the data
- Partner with forecast analysts to provide cohesive stories
- Demonstrate basic understanding of what drives in-market sales and forecasting theory
- Support Client Development teams on value-add and meta-analysis
- Support special projects and thought leadership initiatives
- Support the development of client training related to consumer demand principles
What will make you successful?
- Strong analytical thinking
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage projects and deadlines independently
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality results
- Fluent German and strong Business English knowledge, both verbal and written
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to clearly pull together a story that will resonate with the client
- Ability to understand market research results and use these results along with in-market data to pull together a story
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to execute against projects for a variety of innovation products, and develop a basic working knowledge of consumer and marketing drivers of sales volume
- Ability and willingness to work with and provide coaching to less experienced team members
- Work effectively with forecasting and Client Development teams to execute projects
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Hamburg,Hamburg