CA – San Francisco
CA – Emeryville
Gracenote Connectivity (formerly Nielsen Telecom) is seeking a Research Analyst to join our Analytics team.
Explore and Discover Nielsen! With offices located in 110 countries, we are a global independent measurement and big data analytics company focused on your future.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers discovery features for top TV, music, sports and automotive platforms.
The mobile industry is one of the most dynamic and exciting segments of the global economy. Do you want to help device manufacturers, wireless carriers, app developers and high tech companies compete to be the leaders of this fast-paced world? Our innovative, high-growth team is looking for individuals who want to contribute actively, make a meaningful impact, and who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo when they see a better way. We value ambition and curiosity. We offer professional development, mentorship, and frequent opportunities to participate with senior client relationships. Sound good? If so, let’s get to know each other.
- Work with Gracenote Connectivity’s major telecommunications clients, including service and device providers, by applying Gracenote and Nielsen’s solutions to its clients’ business challenges with fact-based recommendations to support client strategy.
- Engage with VP, director and manager-level associates across our clients’ marketing, engineering, sales, finance and customer services organizations. The role also provides the opportunity to develop long-term, deep relationships with a small set of clients.
- Lead efforts to support clients’ use of Gracenote Connectivity’s products. This role will take ownership over a significant portion of client data analytics, deliverable creation and internal team project management.
- Develop solid understanding of Gracenote Connectivity’s products, including data collection, processing and QC, tools for accessing the data, and how the data can be used to improve business performance
- Provide exceptional client service and high quality data in deliverables to grow client relationship and develop trust in team and products
- Provide ongoing deliverables and custom analysis to help drive improvements to clients’ business performance
- Effectively communicate complex concepts in a simple manner – oral and written
- Support Client Service Team presentation development and editing
- Conduct client training on information methodologies and applications
- Serve as an internal thought leader around business applications of the Nielsen datasets
- BA or BS degree preferably in social sciences, market research or statistics marketing
- 3+ years of work experience with data analysis and project management, with some client exposure or presentation experience
- Experience analyzing large amounts of information and developing business recommendations in marketing
- Strong quantitative, data tabulation and analytic skills required
- High attention to detail to ensure accuracy of analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly motivated, strong orientation toward client relationships
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills
- Experience in analysis of quantitative market research information or significant data analysis to synthesize large quantities of information for executives
- Above average skills with Microsoft Office and/or Google suite of products, particularly MS Excel/Google Sheets and MS PowerPoint/Google Slides
Preferred, but Not Required:
- Knowledge of statistical tests and procedures such as Correlation and Regression
- Familiarity with SQL, Oracle or other relational database software including manipulation of large data sets
- Familiarity with data analysis tools such as Python, R, Google scripts, etc.
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class