CA – Emeryville
Product Manager – Platform – 46872
Gracenote – USA Emeryville, California
Sr. Platform Product Manager
An ideal candidate will have 5+ years of technical product management experience and a proven track record of end-to-end ownership and delivering results.
- Take ownership of Gracenote’s new data delivery platform that delivers millions of pieces of TV Entertainment data to clients and partners daily. This data powers the TV entertainment solutions for the top cable, OTT, CE and digital clients worldwide used by hundreds of millions of consumers.
- Work closely with clients and partners to understand the business problems associated with delivering and ingesting TV entertainment data into their backend solutions. Meld that into a clear product vision and roadmap that delivers a world-class data delivery platform.
- As the product manager, partner with internal engineering teams, external partners and internal stakeholders to prioritize and deliver your compelling roadmap that fulfills the product vision.
- Work closely with UX and engineering to deliver not only the platform but the critical tools for configuration and analytics to make the platform an overall success.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience.
- Strong passion for building high-scalable platforms
- Comfortable with XML, JSON and REST APIs
- Comfortable writing SQL for either Postgres or MySql
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum work environment as a Technical Product Manager: writing user stories, and following the development process through user story acceptance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience collaborating with a UX Designer to create configuration/analytics tools for your users.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Computer Science/Engineering major is preferable
- Experience in OTT, TV broadcast, or supporting customers who develop products for digital content consumption.
- Development experience with Gracenote, TMS, ROVI, or other structured entertainment databases a plus.
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California
Secondary Locations: , , ,
Travel: Yes, 5% of the Time