CA – Emeryville
Explore and Discover Nielsen! With offices located in 110 countries, we are a global independent measurement and big data analytics company focused on your future.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers discovery features for top TV, music, sports and automotive platforms.
We are presently looking for a Product Analyst to focus on music publishing.
Our Product Management team in Music seeks someone passionate about data to join us as a Product Analyst. Product Analysts know our data inside and out and leverage this knowledge to improve product performance and the consumer experience. The ideal candidate is proactive in identifying product issues, data-driven in decision making and will work closely with Product Management, Engineering and Content teams.
- Develop deeper product understanding and be proactive in identifying product quality and performance issues. Collect and analyze data to draw insight and identify solutions for our music product offerings
- Drive product performance and quality metrics
- Continuous learning from on-going QC and results to improve upon product KPIs
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to gather data requirements and oversee process implementation
- Analyze Gracenote’s datasets against the client/customer experience and present dashboards around usage, performance, and stability
- Create, present, interpret metrics of product usage; communicate findings to varying audiences/stakeholders to support product decisions and roadmap
- Manage ad hoc reports and quantitative analysis to iron out bugs and issues with engineering.
- Drive/Influence decisions on new products/enhancements based on product data
- 3+ years post-collegiate work experience in a quantitative/data analytics field or equivalent educational experience focused on data analysis
- Ability to synthesize complex datasets into simple and compelling information
- Highly motivated, proactive and able to solve diverse problems efficiently
- Proven history of decision making and cross-functional influence through data insights
- Fluent with SQL, no-SQL architectures, R or Python
- Prior experience in building data analysis tools is a big plus
- Prior experience in driving product KPIs and processes is beneficial
- Education: Computer Science/Math/Stats with focus on data analytics is a plus
- Background in the music business, particularly publishing, is a plus
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class