NY – New York City
New York City
IL – Chicago
CT – Wilton
Manager, People Analytics – 47769
Human Resources – USA New York, New York
ABOUT THIS JOB
As a Manager on the People Analytics team, you'll steer the business through the lens of HR data by empowering HR leaders to make daily and future looking strategic decisions grounded in data. In this role, you will partner with leaders across HR and the business to enact and influence people strategy.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and help inform, influence, support, and execute our talent decisions
- Act as an internal consultant by understanding business needs, scoping data requests, synthesizing insights, and recommending solutions to key business partners in collaboration with other members of the people analytics team
- Investigate ways to measure and visualize existing processes for internal efficiency analysis and stakeholder communication
- Manage multiple concurrent projects that require inputs from cross-functional stakeholders while balancing impact on business needs
- Deliver analytical, survey or research results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Leverage tools, such as Tableau, Visier, SAP and Excel to drive analytics and enable client self-service on routine queries
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership, analytical, storytelling skills and will thrive managing concurrent projects while working with a global team to drive outcomes. We are looking for someone who enjoys building, figuring out the best way to achieve results, and working closely with global teams across multiple time zones. We need someone who enjoys operating in ambiguity and uses creativity to combat challenges.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience in a field that emphasizes analyzing, displaying, or reporting on data (e.g., computer science, math, engineering, economics, statistics, psychology)
- 5+ years of consulting or corporate work experience focused on using data to uncover insights that drive action and communicating analyses to technical and non-technical audiences. Experience includes analytics, management consulting, sales operations, finance, compensation, or related fields
- Knowledge of statistical analysis (e.g., descriptive statistics and knowledge of statistical significance), quantitative research, and experience gathering and interpreting data
- Project management experience with multiple stakeholders prioritizing and delegating projects/tasks
- Experience engaging directly with enterprise-level clients and stakeholders
- Experience training/mentoring team members
- Experience working across various levels of an organization, while building trust and fostering collaboration
- Knowledge of data visualization principles
- Experience in SQL, data visualization tools, and Excel (complex formulas, pivots, macros, etc.)
- Experience working with HR/organizational people data (e.g. headcount, turnover, recruiting metrics, and other people analytics)
- Experience in HR analytics using HR systems and tools such as Workday, Visier, Salesforce etc.
- Experience building dashboards using advanced Tableau functionality (e.g. data blending)
- Comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced, demanding environment, under pressure
- Experience in HR project management, working on projects that impact the employee lifecycle
- Expertise in drawing meaningful insights from data to create strategy, tell a narrative and operationalize solutions.
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence key partners, ability to get results through collaboration.
- Ability to identify and track metrics of success (results and outcome orientation)
- Skilled facilitator, able to navigate difficult conversations with an executive audience.
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: IL – Chicago, CT – Wilton, ,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time