Manager, DevOps

North America

CA – Emeryville

Gracenote

#: 32855-en_US

Regular

Full-Time

United States

California

Emeryville

Manager, DevOps – 32855

Gracenote – USA Emeryville, California 

Explore and Discover Nielsen! With offices located in 110 countries, we are a global independent measurement and big data analytics company focused on your future. 

 

Nielsen/Gracenote is the top provider of entertainment information, creating industry-leading databases of TV, movie, and music metadata for entertainment guides, applications and in car entertainment. Our technology serves billions of requests daily to hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Our customers include innovators like Apple, Comcast, Google, Spotify, Amazon and DirecTV, top consumer electronics and cable companies, as well as leading automotive manufacturers such as Ford and Toyota, throughout the US and the world. Simply put, Gracenote data provides you with an opportunity to impact the evolution of the entire entertainment industry.

 

We are searching for a DevOps Manager with a hunger to create beautiful and thorough automation. If the idea of scaling to a million users brings a smile to your face we want you. If you automate your personal tasks and hate repetition we want you. This person will work with a highly skilled and dedicated team to implement automation solutions and teach these solutions to our many different users.

 

We work as an agile scrum team with 70% of each FTE focused on long term projects. These projects span the gamut from improving automation in our data centers to creating tooling for our container orchestration platform. The remaining 30% of your time is split between support (20%) and education reinvestment (10%). The support portion of the role consists of one day every two weeks monitoring our devops-support slack channel and grooming our JIRA queue. The reinvestment in education takes place every Friday afternoon where the team is free to investigate and research new DevOps technologies.

 

Requirements:

 

  • Three or more years in a lead or junior management role.

  • Excellent written and verbal communication.  (Google Docs, email, slack etc.)

  • CI/CD experience (Jenkins preferred)

  • Linux experience (Ubuntu preferred).

  • AWS CLI and GUI

  • Ability to express logic in at least one programming language

 

Good to know:

 

  • Terraform – explicitly AWS provider but openstack as well.

  • Training/Teaching/Presentation experience.

  • Chef configuration management/enforcement.

  • Docker

  • Kubernetes

  • OpenStack

  • Continuous security/certification.

  • Continuous QA.

  • OSX iOS builds.

  • Windows configuration management.

  • Packer

  • Consul

  • Vault

  • Other cloud providers Azure, GCE etc.

 

Above all, we are looking for good problem solvers and critical thinkers who keep an open mind, stay relevant by continually educating themselves, and are passionate about efficiency and good design. If you enjoy learning and applying new things then we want to talk with you.

 

#LI-GN

 

About Nielsen:

Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.

By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com

Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.

Job Type: Regular 

Primary Location:  Emeryville,California 

Secondary Locations: , , , 

Travel:  Yes, 5% of the Time