Technology & Engineering
EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER – KOPER/LJUBLJANA,SLOVENIA
ABOUT THIS JOB
As a Software Engineer you will be part of the Meters Engineering team. You will be hands-on in software development and expected to bring new and fresh ideas to the company. You will be directly responsible for supporting product innovation and contributing with recommendations to employ leading-edge technology on behalf of corporate needs.
- Program solutions using C and C++.
- Build and enhance highly threaded applications.
- Build embedded libraries and resolve dependent library issues on embedded Linux platforms.
- Enhance and troubleshoot networked applications.
- Perform unit testing on code changes.
- Perform design evaluations.
- Provide project estimates in terms of cost and duration.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You will work on our flagship devices that decode audio stream and provide us the ability to measure television audience. These devices use cellular connections to transfer data to the back office, therefore, knowledge and experience with cellular modems is critical for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline or related degree, or equivalent work experience in the field or related area
- Expert level programming experience in C, C++
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and simultaneous work projects
- Software development on Linux systems.
- Programming in multi thread/process environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Self motivated and proactive personality
- Communicative level of English
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of programming languages bash, shell scripting
- Experience in communication devices and drivers, like Modems and USB devices
- Software design on embedded systems.
- Willingness to occasionally travel abroad.
- Knowledge of Italian (dialog).
- Knowledge of programming at the stack level (USB, TCPIP, etc.) and programming at the driver level (UART, SPI, I2C, SPI, etc.).
- Ability to use development tools like oscilloscope, multimete
Nielsen Lab team has started in 1999 and in the past 21 years has accumulated strong knowledge base in areas of the signal acquisition and processing, image recognition, big data collection and processing. Our engineers are self-motivated and proactive professionals in electronics design, PCB and mechanical design, embedded and server software design. The team is led by senior engineers with 22+ years of experience of system designs and product development. Nielsen Lab regularly invests in training and development tools to keep in touch with the latest available technology.
We are looking for talented individuals who seek new challenges and like to explore new technologies in an environment of a team work.