Job Role Content Writer
Years of Exp 0-2 Years
Qualification Any Graduate/Post Graduate
Work location Mumbai, India
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services,automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming the world-leader in return path “big data”. Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Content Writer to join our Editorial team. This role is responsible for building online video metadata. Companies like Comcast, Google, and Apple rely on Gracenote video metadata to power their products for millions of customers around the globe.
● Must write descriptions in English for programmes which are broadcast across various visual platforms and belong to categories like movies, TV shows, sports, documentaries etc.
● Must be able to research online and use any/all resources to find the most accurate information and re-write content in his/her own words while also avoiding plagiarism
● Must be able to identify and populate correct cast, crew, keywords and other data that will enhance the overall quality of a programme
● Must be able to watch videos online and create descriptions and add metadata All metadata must be written and updated as per the guidelines and best standards set and
maintained by Gracenote.
● Excellent knowledge of English (read/write/understand)
● Fair knowledge of MS Office
● Good research skills
● Good communication skills
Good to have:
● The ability to edit English content
● The ability to coordinate within and between departments
● A can-do attitude
● Inquisitive and open to learning and feedback
● Knowledge of Indian, regional and/or international television content
● Knowledge of SEO and/or social media management
● Any Graduate/Post Graduate with an interest in movies/TV shows/Sports and exceptional writing skills
● A background in BA (Literature), BMM or Journalism and Mass Communication is an added advantage
Our passion for music, TV and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Tokyo and Queensbury to Copenhagen, we are building a team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated, and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology, then please contact us today!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status,protected veteran status or any other protected class.