Data Scientist – 36119
Data Science – Poland Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship
Nielsen is a fast growing multinational organization where customer services are the priority. We are a global information and measurement company with leading market positions in marketing and consumer information, television and other media measurement. We offer a challenging, international working environment in a strong and pleasant team of colleagues. Our teams work together to create an uncommon impact. As part of our culture, our promise to you is that at Nielsen, you can: Be yourself, Make a Difference & Grow With Us.
Currently, we are looking for a
to become part of our International Data Scientist Department. This position is based in Warsaw, Poland (Postepu 15b)
ABOUT THE POSITION
As Data Scientist you will be part of PE (Product Enhancement) international team. This position will be a great opportunity for someone eager to work in an international team with the ability to use statistics, programming and to automate processes.
Main responsibilities are:
- Be a partner of local DBL and Product Leadership to provide the product solution to address the client needs
- Designing, developing or leveraging and deploying new services and enhancements to the existing services
- Be a Partner with Technology, Product and Methods teams to bring to the market services and solutions for clients.
- Adapting global solutions and methodologies to the local market needs and environment
- Assessing different data sources and embed in developing solutions with the integration of various data sources
- Partnering with operations to create the production processes around new or enhanced services by providing instructions to operations for execution
- Conducting studies, tests and use advanced analytics techniques to build solutions
- Developing and productionalize sophisticated data & data mining workflows
- Innovating and creating out of the box solutions by leveraging large and diverse data sets and state of the art technologies.
- Supporting DBLs for global escalated issues and complex matters.
- Supporting internal stakeholders (Product Leadership, Ops and GDDC) with innovative solutions to automate internal processes
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Main requirements are:
- Professionals with degrees in Maths, Data Science, Statistics, or related fields involving statistical analysis of large data sets.
- 5+ years of experience in market research or relevant field.
- Solid understanding of CPG/FMCG Industry and Retail market impact on client’s business within the market
- Experienced in trend analysis, multivariate statistics, sampling, designing experiment, data aggregation techniques, automation and generalization.
- Working knowledge of Python or R
- Deep knowledge of Statistics.
- Strong aptitude for data analysis and excellent critical thinking.
- Good problem-Solving skills.
- Great command of written and spoken English.
- Passionate about innovation and technology.
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledgeable with relational database management system (RDBMS) and a
- strong knowledge of SQL; plus, experience with the Hadoop ecosystem such as Hive.
- Familiar with Machine Learning.
- Working knowledge with collaboration tools: Google Suite: Google site, Google Data Studio.; Atlassian: Git, Bitbucket, Confluence.
- Familiar with Big data technology.
- Familiar with Cloud computing AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure.
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g. Spotfire, Tableau) and mapping tools.
- Familiar with Nielsen systems and products.
- Familiar with Agile Project Management (Scrum, XP and Kanban)
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
Professional Growth – we are giving for self-responsibility to organize your work and have the freedom to take ownership of your tasks and make choices. You will be provided with training to become an expert in your field as well as great exposure to new – state of the art tech.
Training & Development – This position is a perfect possibility to gain extensive knowledge about data science and also in the future big data analysis, cloud computing, machine learning or related fields.
Benefits – Besides the salary, you will get the following benefits package – cafeteria plan, medical care, multisport, international working environment with home office option
Great Culture – Our values in Nielsen are: Personal, Open, Connected & Useful. You will experience a dynamic, open, international and solution-oriented environment when you can simply be yourself.
Nielsen Holdings plc (NYSE: NLSN) is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. Our approach marries proprietary Nielsen data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. For more than 90 years Nielsen has provided data and analytics based on scientific rigor and innovation,continually developing new ways to answer the most important questions facing the media, advertising, retail and fast-moving consumer goods industries. An S&P 500 company, Nielsen has operations in over 100countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Warsaw,Masovian Voivodeship
Secondary Locations: , , ,