CT – Wilton
Data Researcher – 47047
Operations – USA Wilton, Connecticut
We understand the importance of knowing what consumers see and buy. That is our passion and the center of our business. We study and know consumers in more than 100 countries to provide the most comprehensive insight into trends and habits around the world.
With nearly 34,000 employees in more than 100 countries around the world, Nielsen offers a wide variety of full-time career opportunities, and part-time jobs for trainees and interns.
At Nielsen we believe in talent and diversity! In Nielsen you can be you, you can grow with us and you can make a difference. At Nielsen we want you to succeed as your most authentic self.
Research, verify and maintain brand definitions and corresponding parent company information, unique creative executions, product category assignments and advertisements according to established guidelines and procedures. Provide feedback to the data collection department on quality and guideline interpretation. Recommend coding guideline changes and updates as needed. Monday – Friday work schedule – flex hours offered.
Your main responsibilities as Research Analyst at Nielsen will be:
● Research and maintain new brands and parents added through the data collection process according to established brand maintenance guidelines.
● Review and research information regarding TV, Magazine, and Media-Wide activity as requested from other departments using available research material and/or through direct communications with advertisers or TV Stations.
● Maintain the integrity of the Ad Intel database through special projects
● Perform parent research, update database on any findings, document findings, and communicate all to the appropriate departments.
● Effectively research problem areas found in the database through daily maintenance procedures.
● Interact with Ad Intel Education department to provide input regarding specific advertising and guideline recommendations
● Contribute to overall production classification (data collection, magazine coding, DPPF) in accordance with established guidelines and deadlines, communicating recommendations and suggestions for application improvements and efficiencies.
What makes you the perfect fit for us?
● Must be able to work independently.
● Must be able to meet expected benchmarks for quality and output.
● Must possess strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
● Must have creative thinking and problem solving skills.
● Must have solid multi-tasking skills, and be able to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
● Must be analytical and detail oriented, with independent decision-making abilities.
● Must have strong organizational skills.
● Must respond well to feedback.
● Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
● Must have strong working knowledge of television classification guidelines.
● Experience working in a production environment a plus.
We want to hear from you! If you are interested, send us your updated resume.
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Wilton,Connecticut