IL – Chicago
CT – Wilton
OH – Cincinnati
Data Analyst – 48861
Analytics – USA Chicago, Illinois
Nielsen is the largest market research firm in the world, tracking what people watch and buy in over 100 countries. The consumers’ world is changing at an unprecedented speed where media and commerce are colliding. At Nielsen, we are focused on providing our clients with usable, practical and meaningful tools that help them make strategic business decisions every day.
ABOUT THIS JOB
Nielsen Marketing Effectiveness uses cutting edge technology and industry leading data science to tackle some of the hardest problems in marketing science. We empower advertisers, publishers and agencies with the intelligence they need to drive revenue, increase market share, and optimize their audiences and investments. Our goal is to provide reaction measurement at unprecedented speed and scale. Today, there are more data points about consumers, both collectively and individually, than ever before, and data sits at the center of all information products and analytics solutions delivered by Nielsen. The Data Analyst on the Marketing Effectiveness team will have exposure to various data sources, agencies, clients, and ever-changing technology.
We are looking for a talented Data Analyst that has a passion for working with data, backed with strong creativity and discipline. As a Data Analyst, you will play a critical role in delivering first-class evaluations and measurement options based on data to support client decision making in a reliable and efficient manner. Investing in proper data analysis at the onset of a project is key for successful delivery overall.
- Collects and analyzes significant amounts of data for quality, accuracy, and fitness of purpose
- Integrates, assembles, summarizes, validates, and disseminates data from numerous disparate systems (flat files, spreadsheets, relational databases, etc.) to present recommendations to client
- Uses data blending tools to generate summary reports from multiple data sources
- Identifies anomalies within the data and helps determine if it is a collection error or an unnoticed trend
- Complies with all Best Practices, Rules of Engagement and Data Protocols
- Escalates any data server, storage or hygiene issues to Data Lead
- Completes any mandatory/company-wide training
- Complies to any Nielsen Analytic Console or other Nielsen security requirements
- Complies with any 3rd party vendor regulations and requirements
- Adheres to project timelines and contracts
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You are passionate about data and lots of it. You are driven by curiosity and enjoy problem-solving. Managing time and deadlines comes naturally to you. You’re known for your impeccable organization. Details matter to you. You're committed to delivering high quality results for your clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field
- 0-3 years experience
- Proven problem-solving skills using deductive reasoning, understanding hierarchical relationships and identifying gaps in logic
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Self-motivated and works well independently
- Highly effective client management and communication skills
- Basic data and modeling application knowledge desired
- Google Scripts/Analytics desired
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: CT – Wilton, OH – Cincinnati, ,