Client Service and Sales
Category Management Expert – 43832
Client Services and Sales – Taiwan Taipei Or Hong Kong
About the Role:
- Department: Nielsen’s Merchandising Services provides Assortment & Space optimization processes and software for Retailers and Manufacturers and it provides Category Management workshops, projects and outsourcing solutions to clients.
- Position: Develop, drive and deliver category management workshops, projects and outsourcing solutions in both Taiwan and Hong Kong market.
- Be part of the Merchandising Services SEANAP regional leadership team, interacting with Taiwan and Hong Kong stakeholders and client to drive growth.
- Develop short- middle- and long term business plans for the business Category Management unit.
- Train retailer and manufacturer clients on Category Management workshops within Taiwan and Hong Kong market.
- Update existing training material, create additional workshops and/or cooperate with third parties
- Raise internal awareness of Category Management solutions internally within Nielsen Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- Work with the Merchandising Services regional leader in the development of the overall business plans, strategy and tactics, as well as special ad-hoc projects.
- Develop, drive sales and support executive of planogram outsourcing processes.
- Identify and train other internal trainers in the region.
- Create Thought Leadership material related to Category Management
- Directly contact clients to sell in-house workshops
- Education/Qualification: College or University degree
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in a Modern Trade market in trade marketing, category management, buying/merchandising, key account management or another relevant role at a manufacturer or retailer.
- Mobility/Travel: Needs to be willing to travel about 25% of the time between Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- Languages: Excellent command of English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Excellent Presentation & Training skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Project Management skills
- Self-starter / Innovation skills
- Business consulting skills
- Interpersonal (people) skills
- Leadership skills
- Able to energize and convince others
- MS Powerpoint skills
- Living the values:
- Passionate about retail
- Organized / methodical
- Creative / out of the box thinker
- Responsible & accountable
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Taipei,Northern Taiwan
Secondary Locations: Hong Kong
Travel: Yes, 20% of the Time