BASES Client Development Lead, HK & Taiwan – 43671
Product Leadership – Taiwan Taipei Or Hong Kong
Nielsen Innovation practice is helping clients to win with their innovations. It is known for its consultancy approach and robust tools that ensure high sales forecasting accuracy.
With best in class research and predictive analytical tools, Nielsen's Innovation Practice remains at the core of our client's new product ideas, product messaging that inspires action, fresh packaging designs and optimal product launch strategies. In Nielsen's Innovation Practice, you will work with the industry’s leading marketers and see your work come to life.
Description of the Role:
The Client Development Lead is expected to proactively identify new client opportunities to expand the business with non-constant clients and acquire/develop new clients in Taiwan & Hong Kong through a consultative selling approach.
Where the focus is to drive client engagement and commercial results, the roles are expected to transfer the technical knowledge and consumer insights into impactful business recommendation and drive client relationship and commercial results accordingly.
The Commercial Development Lead needs to speak the marketing language and think like a marker to be able to transfer the consumer/technical insights into impactful business recommendations.
- Working knowledge and passionate about branding and innovation
- Strong client service mentality, be able to adapt to diversified client needs
- Insights to action focus, be able to transfer research tools/knowledge into business recommendations
- Commercial savvy
- Strong presentation skills
- Able to provide higher-order consulting beyond project-specific work, go beyond technical discussion and be able to engage in discussions in the business context
- Be able to appreciate business questions in the context of all solutions, be able to appreciate the business questions and scope research design
- Drive client satisfaction by providing insights and actionable recommendations during presentations or business reviews
- Attend client planning meetings and proactively identify opportunities to expand Nielsen insights and solutions to the client’s business needs.
- Able to handle complex presentations or presentations with more senior clients or tough audiences.
- Crisis management: Able to tackle some of the client communication, particularly with mid-senior level insights contact.
- Actively identify business opportunities and expanding BASES services to new clients
- Be proactive questioning client on business issues, use active listening to understand the question behind the question & identifying new business opportunities
- Proactively present to the client / team new services
- Prepare proposals and proactively follows-up with the client on proposals, designs, costs and drive conversion
- Set up action plan, forecast and monitor the revenue vs. target
Client Service/Delivery Scope:
- Project base: Final review of the deliverable and ensure insights aligned with business objectives and actionable recommendations provided
- Thought Leadership: Able to create internal training and to write up learning on client special projects
- Project Management: Ensure the services provided to clients are timely and precise according to client business needs and specifications while meeting the company's quality standards
- The incumbent is expected to work collaboratively with the client service team undertaking the project execution and analysis, in terms of discussing with the analytics expertise on study design, leading kick off meeting and proper hand off to the execution team and actively participate in the final review to ensure client questions answered and be able to lead important presentation to key stakeholders if required
- Although this role does not have direct people responsibility in the immediate term, as a senior member of the team, the incumbent is expected to act as a role model for the junior associates
- Able to give training and coach on "higher order" skills, such as client leadership skills
- Has ideas on ways to improve the organization and is able to deploy them.
- 8+ years or above, relevant experience in marketing research, consulting or marketing field
- Exposure of Innovation Research desired
- Commercial experience desired
- Native speaker of local language
- Proficient in English
What’s On Offer?
Employees share their diverse experiences and opportunities made possible by Nielsen.
As a leader in marketing and media information, Nielsen is one of the most trusted sources of business intelligence for the world's top brands. Our culture is built upon our core values of simple, open, and integrated. We succeed as a company because we invest in our products, our people, and the communities in which we live and work.
By fostering an environment of creativity, open-mindedness, and fresh thinking from diverse perspectives, Nielsen shapes future business leaders through exceptional training, development, and mentoring programs.
What are you waiting for? Think bigger with Nielsen today.
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Taipei,Northern Taiwan
Secondary Locations: Hong Kong
Travel: Yes, 20% of the Time