Analyst, Data Science – 44791
Data Science – Taiwan Taipei, Northern Taiwan
As the world's largest research organization, Nielsen is powered by talented creative scientists. Our Data Scientist Business Leaders come from diverse disciplines such as statistics, research methodology, mathematics, psychology, business, engineering, physics and demography. These professionals drive innovation, new product ideation, develops complex analysis and delivery of data insights to measure what consumers buy.
What You’ll Do
- Own Data Science solutions for client request and provide initial recommendation for complex client raised issues.
- Support Internal and External Clients with the understanding of Data Science design and methodology.
- Accompanied senior leaders meet with clients to understand business needs and help offer innovative solutions.
- Work on creating new solutions use cases, proof of concept and prototypes by exploring diverse data sets using tools such as python/r.
- Understand Nielsen product and services to suggest to new solutions for client challenges.
- Collaborate with other Data Science team units.
- Automate and develop solutions for existing processes.
- Innovate and create out of the box solutions by leveraging large and diverse data sets and state of the art technologies.
- Professionals with degrees in Maths, Data Science, Statistics, or related fields involving statistical analysis of large data sets.
- 0-3 years of experience in market research or relevant field.
- Soft skills qualifications
- Passionate about innovation and technology
- Problem-Solving skills
- Ability to effectively convey complex concepts to non-experts
- Intellectual curiosity and persistence to find answers to questions
- Eager to continuously learn and adapt to changing technologies and tools.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels. (Preferred)
- Entrepreneur mindset (Preferred)
- Analytical and Technical skills:
- Solid understanding of Statistics.
- Good aptitude for data analysis.
- Critical/ logic thinking.
- Familiar with programing language such as Python/R.
- Familiar with contemporary database systems.
- Working knowledge with data visualization tools (e.g. Spotfire, Tableau, etc) and mapping tools.
- Working knowledge with collaboration tools such as Google Suite(Googlesite, Google Data Studio), Atlassian, Git, Bitbucket and Confluence.
- Familiar with Machine Learning
- Familiarity with marketing analytics, including designing experiment and consumer behavior analysis.
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Taipei,Northern Taiwan